Honoring the Austin Fashion Industry at the 2012 4th Annual Austin Fashion Awards.
The 2012 Austin Fashion Awards Nominations are now CLOSED. They were open from June 4 through June 22. Below was the original information that was provided for reference only.
Please nominate people within the community so that they may be recognized at the 2012 Austin Fashion Awards on August 18 at Austin Music Hall.
- Nominations must be submitted by Friday, June 22, 2012.
- You must nominate an individual person, not a business or entity.
- Nominees must either currently reside in the Austin area or do more than 50% of their fashion business within the Austin area. The “Austin area” is defined as Travis, Williamson, Hays, Blanco, Burnet, Bastrop and Caldwell counties.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- The Austin Fashion Awards will recognize two areas of achievement: TRAILBLAZERS and RISING STARS. When submitting a nomination, you must designate the area of achievement.
- TRAILBLAZERS are those in the local fashion community that have paved the way for the current industry. With foresight, innovation and determination, they envisioned Austin as a fashion hub and helped create that reality. They have provided vast contributions over the course of their career.
- RISING STARS are those who, while early in their career, exemplify similar characteristics as TRAILBLAZERS but who would be considered break through or emerging talent. The community views them as demonstrating distinct early achievements. They will help propel the local industry forward.
- Nominations open June 4, 2012
- Nominations close June 22, 2012
- The general public may submit a basic nomination form for as many individuals as they’d like.
- When a nomination form is received, the nominee is notified and will be asked to complete a series of questions to strengthen the application. Those nominee responses are due on July 10, 2012.
- All COMPLETE nomination packets will be reviewed by the Austin Fashion Awards Advisory Board and Host Committee. That group will determine FIVE (5) winners in each category (10 awards total) that will be announced at the Austin Fashion Awards on August 18. Members of the Board and Committee are ineligible to receive awards in 2012.
- Winners of the awards will no longer be eligible to receive the same distinction in the future. Winners will be asked to sit on the Voting Committee in future years.
The following people are not eligible for Awards in 2012 due to serving on the committee that votes for winners:
- Allen Ruiz
- Anne Marie Beard
- Chad Harlan
- Elizabeth Gibson
- Eve Nicols
- Justin Brown
- Kendra Scott
- Lance Avery Morgan
- Linda Asaf
- Lisa Brooks
- Rochelle Rae
- Sandra Antoun
- Stephen Moser